A few things you should know
- The internet is 50 years old. This technology, and the web it enabled, have changed billions of lives for the better. But their power for good is under threat.
- The internet is not as originally planned. Everyone was supposed to be both a producer and consumer of content but also a producer and consumer of infrastructure – neither happened.
- We are left with a centralized system where enormous corporations of the world continue to grow both earnings and daily active users at an alarming rate all while using your data to profit.
- Global restrictions on technology and communication have primed us for a decentralized solution now - But where should you start?
Start by watching this
Elastos is the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, employing not only blockchain technology, but a peer-to-peer network for communication, decentralized data storage services, and a decentralized ID system for all digital assets.
The 'New Internet' recipe
Skill Level: Easy
- Become familiar with electronic money - Your banking has gone digital, you know PayPal and Venmo, now learn about Bitcoin.
- Get yourself a digital ID. The average user has between 70 and 80 passwords across countless applications - with (DIDs) Decentralized Identifiers it's as simple as your identity, everywhere.
- Take back ownership of your data. Start by becoming aware of platforms that empower the user and begin migrating today.
Trying something new might seem intimidating, but once you get the hang of it, you'll unlock an online world that is safe, empowering and genuinely for everyone.
Learn more about the projects building this new technology (Elastos // Tuum Technologies) and give them a follow on Twitter (@ElastosInfo // @TuumTech).